Sunday, February 7, 2010

38. Queen of the Lake

The view as one laid on the ground after the race.

Today I ran with Katherine in the Queen of the Lake fun run in Melbourne. It was a 5 km race around Albert Park Lake. It was flat and I thought I would like it but I missed the down hills where I can pick up some speed. The race was won by a 13 year old girl. She is a terrific runner and made really great time.
Here are my results as was sent to me on my iPhone.
After the race we enjoyed champagne and salmon bagels. They were very yummy and we were surprised because when we fininshed running we wondered how we were going to drink champagne and eat salmon. The breakfast was late, 1.5 hrs later which as it turned out gave us good recovery time so we could enjoy the drink and food.

We were both very pleased to have ran the whole way for 5kms and to have finished the race. It was lovely running around the lake.


No comments:

Post a Comment