Wednesday, January 13, 2010

13. Orange and Poppy Seed Cake

Tonight I made an orange and poppy seed cake. My oven doesn't cook vey well and has trouble adjusting the temperature. Things often burn on the outside while they remain uncooked on the insdie. So the cake was cooked 20 mins before it was meant to be and it has cracks. There is an orange syrup you make and tip over the cake while it is hot and the cracks were filling up very nicely with the orange syrup.

I made the cake for lunch tomorrow as two of my teaching colleagues are coming out for lunch. First we'll have chicken and mango salad in a citrus sauce followed by the orange and poppy seed cake with vanilla yoghurt. Luckily today was much cooler so I could bake and tomorrow we should be able to sit outside for lunch.

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummo! Your cake stand looks very nice too. Almost a shame to eat the cake!

    ReplyDelete